04 June 2011

Book Review: Port Mortuary by Patricia Cornwell



I have read the Patricia Cornwell novels in order (Kay Scarpetta). However as I am up to date I only read one a year now. In my opinion the first half a dozen or so were brilliant then there seemed to be a few that were not as good and just felt like going through the motions.
The last few novels in the Kay Scarpetta series have improved and are getting back to the earlier ones that were on fire and a new genre in crime fiction.

Port Mortuary is the 18th in the Scarpetta series. Her past catches up with her a bit in this novel. It also sees Scarpetta getting back to her day job after working for USAF for a while. On the return to her office, Scarpetta is also confronted with wrongdoings in her own workplace.

I enjoyed Scarpetta getting back with Marino and Lucy, that is good. Never convinced by Mr Perfect, Benton at all.

However an 8/10 for me on this one.

No comments: