08 June 2011

Book Review: Crossfire by Dick Francis and Felix Francis


Unfortunately for me this was the final Dick Francis novel that I had left to read. Have thoroughly enjoyed reading these books over the past 20 years or so. Read this one during March 2011 in Doha, Qatar.

 
Dick Francis novels generally are set in the horse world and this is no exception. His novels for me are very English and remind me of home very much. They are cosy reads. His autobiography is also well worth reading as he has had a fascinating life. I will miss him and his works.

 
Tom Forsyth is recovering from wounds that he received in Afghanistan and he is "forced" to live with his mother and stepfather. He is reluctant to be there at their racing stables and he soon discovers that his mother is struggling and being blackmailed. Tom uses his military training to help put the world to rights for his mother. All of this while coming to terms with his new life away from the military.

 
A great read and 8/10 from me.

No comments: