18 June 2011

Book Review: Kiss the Girls by James Patterson (Alex Cross 2)



If you read the first novel Along Came a Spider in the Alex Cross series then you too, like me, will have been eager to get on to book 2 in the series. I am up to date with reading these (as at June 2011) and I cannot wait for my next fix of Alex Cross later this year, on 15 September 2011 for Alex Cross 18!

The second book sees evil infiltrating Alex Cross's personal life. His niece is kidnapped and he is on the case as ever trying to save her.

Not only does he have this family complication but he soon comes to realise that there are two serial killers competing with each other. Cross is helped on the case with his pal Sampson and the banter between them is always easy and engaging.

One of the killers nicknamed Casanova is not only killing victims but also holding them hostage.

The plot moves along at a good pace and you keep turning the pages and forget to go to bed until you have finished the book, like I did.

Another 9/10 for me, James Patterson was really on fire with the first few Alex Cross novels.

No comments: