09 June 2011

Book Review: Dying to Tell by Robert Goddard


I was given this paperback by a host at a dinner party. Thanks Frank! I am currently reading (May 2011) all the Harlan Coben and David Baldacci novels but I broke stride in February 2011 to read this novel. I was glad that I did and I will certainly go back to read some of the other Robert Goddard novels too.

Lance Bradley's lazy life in Somerset is interrupted by the eccentric sister of his friend Rupe Adler. Lance starts out by travelling to London to find out where Rupe has disappeared to. This is just the start of a worldwide adventure that encompasses Japan and the USA. Spies and counter spies try to kill Lance and the book gets more mysterious before the mystery is finally solved.

The mystery of a document and the troubles it has caused soon becomes very apparent to Lance and the clues to the disappearance of Rupe too.

A good novel and 8/10 from me. Iwill be back for more Robert Goddard novels!

No comments: