20 June 2011

Book Review: Deliver Us From Evil by David Baldacci


Another in the Shaw/Katie James series (although Katie James does not really feature in this novel too much). I enjoyed the first part of the novel that had some suspense, romance and was set in Provence so it fired my imagination. It also was quite amusing as the story unfolded that there were two special agencies trying to take out a Russian criminal.


There was a truly horrifying chapter in the book where David Baldacci described a torture scene. It was extremely well written and I am glad that I did not read this late at night.

The climax of the novel was quite good too, however as ever we have to suspend our imaginations a bit. When someone catches the good guy, why don't they just kill them there and then? As ever, they let them go and a game of chase ensues. I suppose if this did not happen most thrillers would end on page 5. J

Enjoyed the book however 8/10 from me.

No comments: