07 December 2011

Book Review: Summer of a Dormouse by John Mortimer

The Summer of a Dormouse is another of John Mortimer's autobiography/musings on life and it is a fairly lighthearted look at growing old disgracefully. His tipping point for old age appears to be not being able to put your socks on without help.

I enjoyed this book quite a lot but not as much as his earlier episodes, presumably as he was running out of material? However there is still plenty to amuse here and for me it was particularly interesting as he is from Henley on Thames and that is not too far from where I come from and I know Henley pretty well. It is also nice to read about some famous people behind the scenes as it were as well as dips into the theatrical and movie worlds. The writing as ever is as easy as a summer's day.

7/10 for me.

No comments: