18 December 2011

Book Review: Rat Race by Dick Francis


Another in the cracking Dick Francis yearly offerings, this one published in 1970. Matt Shore is a pilot who makes his living flying high class patrons around the country but he soon leans of a racing scam. I liked the book from the off as it started in White Waltham, an airfield that I know very well.



Matt however is not doing very well with his life and he appears to be heading downhill. His first flight with the taxi service results in the plane blowing up after he makes an emergency landing.

The hero can be you as he is Mr Ordinary in many ways but being thrust into unusual and frightening circumstances we love to see how he reacts and the actions he takes. He of course gets involved with a woman and there is the usual romance involved. I also enjoyed the tracking down of the villains too.

You will enjoy all the Dick Francis books I am sure.

8/10 for me.

No comments: