30 December 2011

Book Review: Gamble by Felix Francis

This is the first solo effort for Felix Francis following on from his father's tuition. In the first 20% or so of the book it was not very well written for me and lacked the flow of Dick Francis novels. However, I looked on this as first night nerves and continued to read, and I am glad that I did.
I liked the characters and the double leads of the financial advisor and the gambling was interesting and well disguised. Also the setting again on the edge of the racing world put you in the place too. I identified well with the characters and wanted them to come out well at the end and the baddies to get their comeuppance.

After the shaky start, this was well worth the read and I would recommend Felix Francis as the true successor of Dick Francis.

8/10 for me.

No comments: